Sunday, October 28, 2007

On a Cold Autumn Night

I was born under the leaf's of my family vine. Sleeping by day and playing at night. As our family grew larger,we became to big to fit under the large leaves. The days were shorter, and the nights longer.
I woke one evening to find my family gone....where were they, why did they leave me here. I searched everywhere in the patch, they were no where to be found. I started looking down the streets of our town, where had they gone? When the morning sun began to rise, I hid under a pile of leaf's that had fallen from a big old tree. I tried to sleep but could not rest, where was the Pumpkin Patch family? Where had they gone.
So on a cold Autumn night you will see me going house to house searching for the Patch families. To my sad heart all I have found is cut up Pumpkins with fire in their bellies. If you see me, don't be afraid, I am just a lonely Pumpkin from the patch looking, searching for the ones I love.....

by: ME

4 comments:

Janet said...

Great picture and I love the story. One of the family might be found on my porch!

Cat said...

Cute pumpkin head!
Thanks for your visit and comment! You're only a state away from me.
Be blessed! :) Cat

Cat said...

Hi again.

You asked what I do with all the little crazy quilt pieces... I sell them all on etsy and ebay. I totally enjoy making them and totally need the little extra income...

We are having a terrific sunny day too. I'm in the Ogden area.

Smiles, Cat

Werna Gail said...

What a cute little story....I'm not much into Halloween, did it when the kids were small but we live out of town and do not get any trick or treaters here.
We have a new cat at our house,stop on by and check her out.