Sunday, March 9, 2008

A little Irish

When I was a little girl (a hundred years ago) the stories of the old country was shared at family gatherings. I was always told, you look just like your great Grandmother. She had red hair and brown eyes. Just like me. And my Great Grandpa Miller would say you are just like her. I was to young to realize what this all ment until I was older. Her picture hung at my Aunt Sylvia's, so I understood what they were saying. Her name was Pershie Durban, she gave birth to 13 children in Kentuky and died soon after her last baby was born. Leaving Great Grandpa to raise all these children. The story of her life is so beautiful, and I am so blessed to have the story's to share with my children. My husband is a Evans...very Welch. And on his Mothers side Neeley...so we are very Irish in this family. So I am a Irish Indian...Oh no! Arney is a Welch Irish man. My poor children are a mess!
I will get back to blogland and all your wonderful blogging very soon. It has been really busy here, so much to do, so little time. Does anyones spell check work?
I know you have all been very creative while I have been elsewhere...Big Hugs, Mary

2 comments:

Janet said...

Hugs right back to you! I've missed you! I hope all is ok.

Beth said...

Whats spell check? I have been lax on my blogging too. Miss ya!!!
xoxooxoxoxoxooxox