Thursday, February 21, 2008

Something new!

The first picture is my first frame. Arney spent the morning working with me, and I did this just a few hours ago.
I wish the pictures were better but the glass keeps catching the light. But I am sure you get the idea. I did it!
Yesterday while looking around one of our little shopes, I found this cabinet for my bathroom...I haven't put anything in it yet as you can see, but I hung my new project.
I think you might get bored with these, since I am sure this will take over my life for awhile.
I only have one slightly burned finger, I think that was pretty good, I know it will be the first of many. I burn myself almost every time I use my glue gun and we won't talk about how many years I have been using it. So tonight I take a deep breath and clean up my mess.....so I can do it all again tomorrow....I saw your eyes cross!

8 comments:

Sharon Tomlinson said...

Very nice. This is the one thing that I am having a hard time resisting. I have all the supplies and know how to do it because I have done stained glass but I don't have the time. I can tell you enjoyed and I see this in your future.

Janet said...

I am so jealous!! You're already doing good after only one lesson. I don't think I'll get bored with anything you do because you always create something beautiful.

As for burned fingers, I still burn myself every time I turn on the oven!! And I love to bake!

Beth said...

That looks great Mary!!! And it will get easier I promise. I bought some memory glass last week at Michaels that works great. I was cutting down microscope slides when I first started and that was a pain. And you will burn yourself just becareful. Thanks so much for you prayers for Mom,,we did get her in rehab late yesterday afternoon. Today is her birthday.
Oh, and I Love the mirror/cabinet. So cute!!!!
xoxoxooxoxoxoxoxo

Jodi said...

You are too funny, Mary. I think your frame turned out very well ... and you've only just begun! I look forward to seeing how this progresses. Now watch those fingers! ;o)

Werna Gail said...

Yes this is a very consuming craft but it looks like you are off to a great start. Makes me want to get out the grinder and s. gun, I took classes years ago, made two things and layed it down. Can't wait to see what all you come up with, just watch those fingers.
BE BLESSED:-)

Cat said...

Alright! Yes - get consumed! This first one is great.

Just make sure you always pick up the soldering iron by the correct end!

Well - neat - keep posting your new pictures, I'm excited to see more.

And your cupboard is super.

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Wonderful on both counts!! Love the charm and the cabinet!

Carrie J said...

Beautiful. You are tempting me to take up a new hobby just as I'm trying to clean out my hobby room of old supplies! I look forward to seeing what you will be making.