Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Album for Alexis

My Granddaughter Alexis is going to be 6 April 18th. It has been fun to make little albums for my family. I find that a dollar store is the best place to buy these little albums. They cost so little but you can do alot with them. I find a back ground that I think works for a little theme and then collage whatever I think talks to the person I am giving the album to. So this is one year in Alexis life...I did 50 pages filled with little events that I thought would have meaning to her. She loves pictures, so I knew this would be a fun gift. Knowing her, it will get alot of use.
These pictures are not good, but I thought you would get the idea.




Avery is Alexis's little sister...they are different in everyway you can think of, but they have a great time when they are not fighting.







7 comments:

Carrie J said...

Very nice work. A true labor of love. Thanks for your comments on my blog. I finally got a new post up so stop by and join in.

Beth said...

That is a wonderful birthday present. You have 2 very cute grandbabies! I wish my 2 kids would mature enough to settle down and have some grandbabies for me to make neat artsy things for them.
Maybe some day. You did a wonderful job on the album and I know she will treasure it.
xoxoxooxoxoxox

Cat said...

You are such a terrific Grandma!!!

Betzie said...

Wow, this is one of those gifts she will keep forever and ever...a momento of your love. Thanks for sharing Mary...she will just treasure it I'm sure!

Werna Gail said...

What a fun project and such a wonderful keepsake for your grand
daughter. Scrapbooking is one of my favorite things to do. Good job.
BE BLESSED:-)

ShabbyInTheCity said...

I hope I'll be this kind of grandmother! That phrase about mommy's eating the crust, etc. got me right *here*.

Kelli said...

What a beautiful and thoughtful birthday gift! You did a great job and I know it will be treasured!
~Kelli