Friday, January 18, 2008

Cleaning

I wish this had scanned better....When we had taken out the outside walls of our house. We found a few things that I have kept. We are sure that these little items were put by children into the wall before it was finished. This house was built in 1906 and the walls were original to the house...long story, hard work inside and out. So today I was cleaning...when I am upset the house gets really cleaned...I yell a lot at the dust and such that gathers when I am not looking. And to make me more upset than I can tell you, I am trying to get some weight off...bad timing, but is there ever a good time...I just know it has to start with me. So I thought since I found these 3 items it would be nice to share at Valentine time. It looks like they were made at school. The one has different eyes, you can move them. And the store bought card was made in the USA...no date. The heart is made of crepe paper on very thick paper, but not like card stock. The writing on the back of the store bought card is in real ink...
Getting through another day! Arney and Janet are right, the one with the car is probably from the 50's...he said it came from the ceiling when we opened it up.

2 comments:

Janet said...

How cute! The store-bought valentine reminds me of ones I used to get as a kid.

Losing weight is never an easy thing to do. Mostly I just try to eat healthy and that seems to do the trick.

Look out Dust Bunnies!! She's out to get you!!!

Cat said...

Oh do come take your frustrations out on my house too!!! It needs cleaning! You wouldn't find such interesting treasures in the walls though... I like the MOM one - sweet.