Friday, February 1, 2008

It's time for Hearts!

When I found this ole Valentine....what I thought was so beautiful was it was to her Papa. From Viola 1917....Sweet! The ribbon is still really red, so it has been kept very well. I collected post cards when I was in the business of buy & selling Antiques and collectables. I did it when I lived in Southern California, I should have stayed with it, but sometimes life gets in the way. Idaho didn't offer the outlet I had in California. So I have some things I kept, it reminds me of the fun of the find...and that people would buy what I found.


4 comments:

Betzie said...

Do you know, I love the name "Viola"? That card is just super, especially with the old ribbon. My grandmother had a best friend name "Viola". I just saw a flash of her face...such a nice lady.I'll have to name one of my puppies that this spring! Hugs..

Janet said...

What a beautiful old treasure. I think cards from long ago are so much nicer then ones today. I'm amazed the ribbon is still intact and still red! And the message is so sweet....simple but sweet.

Anonymous said...

I also love the Valentine post card
-- I agree with Betzie and Janet -
the colors of red are so vivid.
Card date is 1917 - My Mom Mary was B. 1915 - 2002.
I save lots of things.
Books, letters, Photos, You name it ! I got it !
Vacationing in Kentucky abt. 35 yrs. ago - Abe Lincolns cabin -
I took a piece abt. 3 in. long and an inch wide (now I feel shamed for doing that).
But over the yrs. I lost track of it - my punishment for taking it.
It was very weathered and made me love it even more.
Blogging is totally new to me.
Joanne

The Feathered Nest said...

What a beautiful Valentine...I love that it shows the love of a daughter for her father, too...xxoo, Dawn